Friday, January 3, 2014

Grant: 1 MONTH

Grant turned 1 month already and already I am way behind.  I am going to use the excuse of Christmas and hopefully I will be better in coming months, but no promises. 
 
It was difficult (on my own I might add) to get this little man situated to sit up, look at the camera and take the picture but I managed to get a few.  Grant is just starting to get a little belly on him.

It is exhausting to take photos with mom.
He still naps in between every feeding which occurs ever 3 or so hours during the day.  At night we have made it as long as 6 hours, but 4-5 hours has been more regular at night.  Luckily, he has been awesome to go back to sleep promptly after nursing at night.  I will take it!

Grant has lost a lot of hair on the top of his head.  It is not a hairdo I hope he repeats later on in life but he seems to make it cute nonetheless.  ;)


His big head is hard to hold up. 

He had a bit of baby acne for two weeks but then it cleared up. 

Working on a smile...
We did get several smiles by the 1 month mark, usually in the evening when he is most awake between 7-9pm. 


"Are you really still looking at all these photos my mom took?" ;)

His big brown eyes just melt our hearts. 

Finally, there is a glimpse of the his little dimple.   LOVE!
 
Overall, we have adjusted nicely to a family of five. 
Funny story: Tyler was counting our family members earlier this week and said "Mom, I love that there are 5 of us!"  That prompted me to ask the question "How many of our family do you think there should be total?"  Tyler's answer: "Seven!"  Jeff promptly chuckled and said "I don't think so..."
 
It is hard to believe the time is flying by so quickly.  I just love the newborn baby stage and cuddling the sweet little man.  Jeff often has to tell me "Ali, he is sleeping so go put him down in his bed."




No comments:

Post a Comment