Monday, December 17, 2012

9 Months!

Nathan turned 9 months old yesterday!  He was at the doctor this morning for his check-up and shot.   The crazy thing is when we were leaving I was making the next appointment for him - his 1 year check-up!  Seriously!?!  Where has the time gone? 
 
Nathan continues to progress at rapid speed.  He is walking more frequently now and taking up to 20 or more steps at a time.  He typically prefers to walk as he likes to feel like a hot shot.  Nathan is still walking with the Frankenstein hands (ironic that it was his Halloween costume).  However, if he wants to get somewhere FAST then crawling is still his preferred method. 
 
Happy snotty, drool covered baby.

After a nose wipe, he is still a happy camper.

More, mom?

Now I am going to talk to you about my day. 
 Nathan is rather quiet most of the time, but once you get him talking he will tell you all about it especially when I keep up with the conversation and respond. 

So BIG!  Daddy taught him to respond to "touchdown."  Yes, I live with all boys!

Hey, mom - this sitting in the chair stuff is for little kids. ;)

Now I am going to walk to you and get waaaay too close to the camera.

Why are you moving away?

And I am done.  It is 8:30 and I am past ready for bed.  Mom is pushing her luck with these photos this late at night.  
(Notice poor Joseph and the Wise Men on the floor in the background.  Nathan likes to eat the nativity set in his room.  And yes, Tyler and Nathan each have a kid friendly nativity set in their rooms). 
 
Nathan updates:
  • 7 teeth - working on the 8th tooth and Dr. Rudloff said his one year molars are looking close to coming in.
  • Diaper size: 3  I sure am glad we are using disposable diapers with this one - he poops usually 3 times a day!  He has a very healthy digestive system.  Geez!  I know, I know - TMI. :)
  • Clothing: 12-18 months tops; 12 month pants and 18 month sleepers - he is too long for most 12 month sleepers. 
  • Cool tricks: WALKING, So Big or Touchdown, waving bye bye (this includes waving to random people on TV), clapping, sings himself to sleep - it is so sweet!  
  • Nathan is saying mama, dada, baba (bottle) and Aunt Sandy swears he says ABC.  I haven't heard that one yet.   He also speaks lots of other gibberish that I have yet to figure out. 
  • We call Nathan our little billy goat as he climbs on EVERYTHING!  The other day he climbed in the back of the Tonka dump truck, used it as a skate board to push it next to the Little People garage and then climbed on top of the garage to sit for a bit.  I was too slow to get my camera.  He tries to climb on the rocking John Deere tractor (like a rocking horse) but usually just stands on the rails and rocks back and forth.  I am convinced he will climb out of his crib or pack 'n play before his first birthday as I have seen him trying.  I hope I am wrong as I am not sure how you get a 12-month old to stay in a big bed.  Nathan has also been caught eating dirt out of the potted plant.  Talk about feeding him organic food! :)  (Kyle used to do the same thing when he was little.)   
  • Nathan's favorite toys are balls, cars, anything that makes music, anything that fits inside his mouth and, let's be honest, anything that Tyler is playing with.  Tyler gets pretty annoyed with Nathan always in his space, but is learning to deal with it. 
  • Eating: A LOT.  He is getting bored with baby food and would prefer "big" food broken up for him.  He loves pretty much everything we put on his tray.   
  • Sleeping: pretty well although this snotty nose that he has had had woken him up several nights in the last week as his nostrils have been clogged shut.  Poor guy.   
  •  
    Nathan's Stats:
    Weight: 22lbs 10 oz (80 %ile - this is pretty low for our kiddos)  Nathan has dropped off his curve a bit - probably due to him being so active.  
    Height: 30.6 inches (off the chart so 98/99 %ile)
    Head circumference: 20 cm. (way off the chart - 99%)
 

1 comment:

  1. Is it just me or s his first year flying?! And...he only weighs 4 lbs less than Owe. Ha!

    ReplyDelete