Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013: Thankful!

I did a HORRIBLE job of capturing Thanksgiving 2013 with my camera.  It was our first holiday with 3 boys so I will use that as my excuse.  I promise I will be better for the next big holiday! 
 
We started out the day at home with a light breakfast and I did some online holiday shopping.  Why would I want to go out in the crowds for the Black Friday (and now Thursday shopping) when I could do it all online, get the same deals and have it shipped right to my door?!?
 
Our first stop was Grandma and Grandpa Francis' and the feast was amazing!  I didn't take any photos...probably because I was too busy eating!  Mid-November is a bad time to have a baby if you are worried about shedding the baby weight right away.  Good thing I am not one of those people...I love that my pre-pregnancy jeans are a little tight.  Surely the weight will come off chasing three little ones eventually, right? 
 
Next stop was Grandma and Grandpa Zick's.  A large crowd and, again, lots of tasty food. 
 
The boys enjoyed Krista reading books to them.  Krista was also excited that she was the "favorite since Zach was not there." 

Aunt Sandy is a big favorite too...Tyler had a slight meltdown when Aunt Sandy left at the end of the night and he did not get to go home with her. 
 
We are extremely thankful to live so close (like 200 yards away from my parents) to family and friends that are an ENORMOUS help with our kiddos.  The saying that it takes a village to raise a child is oh, so true.  We couldn't do it without all of you! 
 
Other photos of things/people we are thankful for:
 
Protective older brothers. 
Nathan has just recently transitioned from his crib into a big boy bed (more on that in a later post) so I am not sure if he was checking to see who was laying in the crib or just checking on his little brother...either way, I thought it was cute. 
 
These two hams and their brotherly relationship that often involves pushing and the daily spats but it is moments like these that they play together and watch Christmas movies together that are so precious. 
 
 
Speaking of brotherly spats, we initiated this one.  I made a turkey breast a few days after Thanksgiving.  I really love leftover turkey sandwiches.  We gave the boys the wishbone to break and this was my attempt to capture the moment.  Too bad you cannot see the wishbone at all.  I don't even remember who won and luckily the boys didn't really care after it broke.  Maybe next year they will get it. 

God had truly blessed us with these three wonderful little boys.  They keep us busy but we wouldn't have it any other way! 
We have so much to be thankful for this year!
 
Remember:
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!
 

 
 


1 comment:

  1. What a blessed Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for YOUR Friendship, and I LOVE that sign you posted. Love YOU!. xo

    ReplyDelete