Monday, October 15, 2012

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. 
 
Hug your babies and say a prayer for those babies that were lost too soon. 
 
 
 
This isn't a day that is circled on a lot of people's calendars but unfortunately Jeff and I are part of this "club."  While I don't want an increase in membership, there will inevitably be more.  It is not a topic that is fun or popular to talk about, but it is important.  It is important, if nothing else, to be thankful...thankful for each other and for those innocent ones that have no idea how much they mean to us. 
 
We have three little ones we never got the chance to meet.  The first two losses, before Tyler was born, were tough and scary as we weren't sure if we would be able to have kids.  The third miscarriage probably hurt the worst because we knew what we were missing out on.  We were also further along and had heard and seen a heartbeat so we were feeling secure. 
 
  I want to clarify, I don't write this post for sympathy.  I write it to bring the often taboo topic to light.  I don't have any direction on how to act or what to say to someone you care about if they experience a loss.  Everybody is differnt.  My only advice to help someone going through any kind of loss is to just be there - I promise the people going through it will remember.  A text, a phone call, a card sure go a long way to let a person know you care.  Jeff and I had a whole lot of people who were there and continue to be there with two very lively boys.  I guess this post is a way of saying "thanks" too for everyone helping us become stronger and, hopefully, better parents to Tyler and Nathan. 
 
I will be hugging these two just a little tighter tonight. :)
 
 
 

1 comment: