Saturday, August 18, 2012

We loved the Olympics!

I have loved the Olympics ever since I can remember knowing what they were. 

 
Our boys the day of the Opening Ceremony for the 2012 Olympics. 
I like to think that Tyler has his game face on rather than just annoyed because I am taking another picture. :)
Tyler has been playing soccer frequently (in the house - ugh!)  since seeing 3-4 minutes of Olympic coverage.  He also yells "Gooooooooooooaaaaaaaal" like the famous announcer and it is pretty funny.  Tyler also constantly asked to go swimming with all the swimming coverage on TV.  And just like his dad, Tyler enjoyed watching women's beach volleyball.  :)

 
I hope to take the boys to the Olympics someday!  Kyle and I were lucky enough to have mom and dad take us to Atlanta in 1996 and it was one of my favorite vacations ever!   The pageantry, the excitement, the competition, seeing world records be set...I will never forget Michael Johnson setting the world record in the 200m and then watching him receive a gold medal and have the Star Spangled Banner played in his honor.  Incredible!  I think there is something so special about the Olympics that cannot be matched by any other sporting event. 

Also, did you see those commercials about the Olympic moms?  Anyone else tear up or should I still blame hormones?  Just two more years until the Winter 2014 Olympics...


No comments:

Post a Comment