Monday, August 27, 2012

Let's Make a Cake!

A few weeks ago all Tyler was asking me contstantly "let's make a cake, mommy!"  Finally, I caved and we made a trip to the store to get a cake mix.  You didn't think I was going to be patient enough to make a cake from scratch with an almost 3 year old, did you?   I knew Tyler just was looking for the end result - no necessarily the process.  Tyler poored everything into the mixing bowl - cake mix, eggs, oil and water.  He was VERY proud of himself.  He went down for a nap and the cake baked and cooled (I love that he usually sleeps 3 hours in the afternoon!).  When he woke up he was adimit about green icing...but not too green.  So many directions...I am not sure where he gets it from. ;)
 
After I helped him ice the cake, he was in charge of the sprinkles. 

He used a LOT of sprinkles.  He kept saying "More sprinkles, mommy.  More!"  Have I mentioned that lately EVERY sentence ends with Mommy!?!  It was cute the first two times but the amount of times a day I hear Mommy is enough to drive a lady crazy! 

I love the guilty face in this photo.  At least he was licking the icing out of the container rather than off the cake. 

Mmmmm...this is going to be a good cake, mommy.  (Yep, there it is again!)
 
Tyler was limited to one piece of cake per day - luckily after three days he forgot about it and I threw the rest out so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the whole thing myself.  Jeff doesn't do cake at all. 
 
It was all worth it - Tyler talked about making his cake for a few days.  I am still not sure what prompted it, but he was excited and if nothing else I had a fun afternoon with my big boy. 


1 comment: