Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Allergy Season

Several of my posts have included photos of the boys and puffy red eyes.  No big deal, right? 

Unfortunately, it got a bit scarier when Tyler was having trouble breathing one night.  He was coughing so much he was throwing up.  It. Was. Awful!

He and I were up a good portion of the night together. I finally got him to fall asleep in our bed so I could keep an eye on him but there wasn't much sleeping for me.  I had him to Aunt Sandy's office first thing in the morning (so glad she arrives at 7 am)!  

This nebulizer treatment worked wonders for Tyler.  

When I sent this photo to Jeff he panicked a bit but I assured him it was okay.  I took the day off to monitor our big guy.  We also went home with an inhaler to keep his airways open and we continued our routine of Claritin, Benedryl and allergy eye drops.   Poor guy! 

Thankfully he was able to take a 3 and a 1/2 hour nap to recoup.  I should have too but I hopped on a conference call for work while Tyler rested.  :(

I am happy to say that the tree pollen (particularity Oak, we think) has simmered down a bit and we have our fun, rambunctious Tyler back.   


1 comment:

  1. Ugh.... I know how awful this is! We added singulair too....

    ReplyDelete