Friday, September 23, 2011

Let's try this again...

"For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises again." [Proverbs 24:16] Bible

While it has not been seven tries (nor do we claim to be righteous)...this is our 5th pregnancy.  Yep, I said it...we are pregnant again! 
So far, so good.  We are 16 weeks into it and I thought I had better share as I am getting a little bit of a baby bump...so exciting! 

Since our last miscarriage, we have been tested and tested some more.  I had 16 tubes of blood taken for various tests in ONE day!  After all the testing, the results came back totally normal.  There was nothing abnormal about us (in terms of being able to carry a healthy child to term...I know the jokes were going to start rolling.)  We got the green light to try again and getting pregnant was not an issue. 

I have had ultrasounds at 5 weeks, 7 weeks and 10 weeks so far to make sure everything looks great. I was also placed on hormones twice a day simply as a precaution for the first 14 weeks.  Those were not fun as morning sickness has already been a symptom of mine with past pregnancies, and the extra hormones didn't help the morning...afternoon...evening sickness.  It has gotten better the last few weeks and will hopefully all be worth it.  Thank goodness I work from home...in my sweats most mornings. :)

We wanted to wait to share the news until we felt we were over the 13 week hump and visited the doctor one more time.

Tyler doesn't quite understand the concept and when we asked him if he wants a brother or sister he simply says "no."  He loves babies, it is just a matter if he will love mommy and daddy having a baby and the baby getting some of the attention. 

Our due date is March 10th so say a little prayer (or a big one!) that this child stays healthy and blesses our lives as much as Tyler has in the last 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment