Saturday, November 15, 2014

Legos

Tyler was very fortunate to get 5 or 6 Lego sets for his birthday.  

He had some and would occasionally play with them but the new sets have created an obsession.
  
Here is his completed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles van.  


He is a master at following the directions!  Jeff and I are super impressed. 

This is our game table downstairs in the playroom where he must keep his Legos so Grant cannot get to them and eat/choke on them.  This afternoon he told me he didn't need to nap with the little kids and promised to stay quiet and work on his Legos.  I allowed him to win that negotiation.  It was fun to just play Legos with him the whole time the little boys were napping rather than laundry or some other productive house chore I would have normally been doing.  


We now have a Lego binder to keep all the directions in sheet protectors so he can get out his instructions any time.  I have encouraged more "build your own" designing that is growing on my Type A child.  

No comments:

Post a Comment