Monday, November 25, 2013

Welcome to the world Grant Michael Francis!

This post is overdue and most would think because we have been crazy busy with three little ones.  It really has been a smooth transition to a family of 5 and we have spent a lot of time just enjoying our newest addition! 

Warning: We have a LOT of photos.  I will be breaking it up into several different posts.

Our third baby boy waited until his scheduled arrival to enter the world.  We were scheduled for a C-section on November 15 at noon and I am pretty sure the weeks leading up to that time I was counting the hours.   
  
Before.  
As with my previous two pregnancies I retained a lot of fluid with Baby #3.  No cause for concern though as my blood pressure remained low or normal the entire pregnancy. 
At this point, we were waiting for the OR to cool off so we can have a baby.  We were scheduled to deliver at noon but the OR was 90 degrees...not ideal for anyone.  Jeff was bored so he decided to snap this lovely photo. 
 
 Proud papa waiting to meet his third son. 
 
Grant had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck twice!  Yikes!  Thankfully, everything was fine and he hadn't managed to pull it tight.  This baby did NOT want to come out either.  There was a LOT of pushing and tugging.  Not by me but by the nurse and doctor literally pushing down on my stomach to get him to come out. 

Our first introduction to Grant Michael Francis!
I thought he immediately looked so much like Nathan. 

"Wow, it is bright out here!"

Grant was squirming all around right out of the womb. 
Dr. Potts helped us have another successful pregnancy and birth!  He is absolutely wonderful!  He did comment that even after 3 C-sections, my uterus looked just fine...just in case we wanted to try for #4.  Jeff laughed out loud and I thought "I am not even closed up yet and he is mentioning #4!"  Also, I am not sure what the etiquette is for responding to a compliment on your uterus...I think I just had a slight chuckle. 

Jeff got to cut the cord for Grant too.  We, again, donated the cord blood in hopes that it will help someone who needs it. 
 
I should mention the awesome photography we had in the OR thanks to my anesthesiologist and my mom's best friend, Terri Morgan.  We gave her a quick lesson on our camera operation while waiting for the OR to cool off (she was a bit intimidated by the big camera and flash).  She was amazing (in all capacities)! 

8 pounds, 8.6 ounces (rounded up to 9)! 
Our smallest baby yet!  Grant did get to come at the 39 week mark while Tyler and Nathan were born at 41 weeks.  Had Grant had the extra two weeks, I am sure he would have given his big brothers a run for their money.  Tyler was 9 lbs, 2 oz and Nathan was a whopping 9 lbs, 11 oz.  Grant seems so tiny to us. 

Jeff was right there with Grant the whole time making sure he got the proper identification. 


Big feet, just like the rest of the family! :) 

Jeff was sweet to keep checking on me too.

And couldn't wait to bring me our sweet baby.

Daddy and Grant

My first kisses. 

We are so happy to finally have him here.  He is perfect! 
 
More photos coming soon!
 


1 comment:

  1. Oh Ali, I'm in tears of course! What beautiful pictures to capture such a special moment! I'm so proud that your uterus still looks great! Way to go! Hahhaahah. Love you friend and can't wait to come meet Grant and bring dinner! Is December too soon?

    ReplyDelete