Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Let's have cake and eat it too!

Nathan's favorite part of his birthday party may have been being able to smash/eat the cake all by himself. 
 
WARNING:  There are a LOT of photos and I promised I even scaled them back quite a bit.  I just couldn't resist.  You only get to smash your first birthday cake once, right?  
 
Happy Birthday to you!  Happy Birthday to you!  Happy Birthday dear Nathan!  Happy Birthday to you!  We had everyone wearing the silly party hats too...it wasn't just me.

Tyler was so helpful in blowing out the candle as Nathan was pretty clueless.

Nathan sure knew what do do with the cake though. 

He was so excited. 

This smile melts our hearts.

Get after it, Nathan!


Tyler was VERY concerned that Nathan was making a mess and since none of the grown-ups were doing anything he brought Nathan a napkin.  "Nathan needs a napkin" was heard several times during the cake event. 

Nathan didn't care about a napkin...at ALL.



This is why I chose a chocolate cake...it shows up so well for photos! 

"I think I am going to have a tummy ache later."
 
Needless to say Nathan had to take a short absence from his party to take a bath.  I was amazed at how much chocolate was able to go up a 1-year olds nose.   


No comments:

Post a Comment