Friday, November 11, 2011

School!

We had an exciting moring today.  Great-grandma, "GG," (my grandma) volunteers 4 days a week at local elementary schools and she asked us for our "help" today as she was having 6 classes of 1st and 2nd graders make ornaments and paper chains for a Christmas tree she is decorating for the churches Festival of Trees.  Tyler was excited this morning to "go to school."

Tyler sat nicely with the first class while they waited patiently to start their crafts.

Tyler loved sitting and coloring with the other kids. 

In between classes, he enjoyed a few goldfish as a snack. 

GG sitting with part of the class working on the paper chains. 
It got a bit messy with the glitter glue...maybe not glitter glue next time with 1st graders.

The kids having a blast working on their crafts.

Tyler fit right in sitting and reading books. 
He impressed the kids by knowing all his letters and his love for books. 

In the car afterwards Tyler told me "girls reading at school."  
Might have had something to do with the girls waiting to have a turn to read to him. 

He loved the book nook.

This photo demonstrates one of the many reasons why I would not be an good elementry school teacher...2nd grader picking her nose.  Ugh, gross! 
Also, my patience was worn out after just 3 hours.  I have so much respect for those who work with classrooms of kiddos. 
My number one problem would be wanting to take too many of them home. 
Grandma is great with the kids and loves going to the classrooms.  Secretly, I think she was excited to introduce Tyler to her students.

It was a great morning at school and I love that Tyler is excited go back...just not yet.  He is still my baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment