Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Tyler's 5th Birthday!

First of all, I am over a month late in posting.  Yikes!  
Second, how in the world do we have a 5 year old?  Time needs to slllloooowwww down!  

Tyler asked for a Power Ranger party so we were happy to oblige. 
This was his invitation.  He was very excited with them.  Thank you Etsy!  You can find the Esty shop owner here.

Tyler opened up his first gift the morning of his birthday.  A blue Power Ranger set complete with mask, belt attachment to hold his power cards and a Mega Force thing-a-ma-jig (pretty sure Tyler would correct me on the terminology).  He was thrilled! 

He even let Nathan try it on with his undies.  Grant was excited too!  
I promise we really do put clothes on our kids...sometimes.  :)

These two helped me add sprinkles to the blue "Power Ranger" cupcakes before the party!

Schnucks didn't have a Power Ranger cake option so luckily we found some Power Ranger candles at Party City...as if it mattered.  

Tyler requested that since there are 5 of us and there are 5 Power Rangers that we are each a color.  He picked the colors and here are is reasons.  Dad is red because he is the leader.  Tyler was blue because the blue guy is smart and he likes blue.  Nathan was green because that is the other guy.  Mom was pink because she is a girl and Grant was yellow because that was the left over color.  Tyler was concerned that people would know that the yellow Power Ranger is a girl.  I reassured him that I didn't think Grant would mind or that most of our guest would know...or care.  

The happy Power Ranger family.

After looking at the prices for Power Ranger shirts of $28 each, it seemed a bit much for a one time wear (for most of us), I decided I could make them with some basic shirts and some black and white fabric.  I am happy to report that I made all 5 of our shirts for about the cost of one that I would have purchased.  #thriftymom 

Several late night spent making shirts and messing with a jammed up sewing machine.  Thanks to Aunt Patty for allowing me to borrow hers when I just needed to finish these silly shirts.  







After cake it was time for presents! 

And beer! 

We are excited to play this game...although I am nervous I won't get it. :) 
It is a kid programming game - "Introduces Basic Coding Concepts to Preschoolers." 
I am pretty sure this kid is going to be smarter than us by the time he is 10! 



Uncle Kyle got caught playing with the Power Ranger. 
Notice the teeth marks on the coffee table.  I am pretty sure we are going to need all new furniture when our kids get old enough to stop destroying it. I wonder what age that will be...;)




Brody and Aunt Patty got some cuddle time in. 

Hadley was intrigued with the Power Ranger too!  


I did a horrible job of documenting the party decorations during the party. Jeff and I put this up a few nights before the party and Tyler and Nathan were SO excited when they woke up.  It was 7 feet tall!  Best value decoration when you measure value based on birthday boy excitement. 

I am sad Jeff and I didn't get a photo with just Tyler, our first baby, on his big birthday!  
We were so fortunate to have Jeanne take photos of the boys!  We even got a family photo!  I need to share very soon!  

Tyler's birthday was a wonderful day, surrounded with people who love him a whole bunch!  He was truly thankful for everything and told Jeff and I as he went to bed "Thank you for a great birthday.  I love you!"  Seems consistent that on his birthday we got the Best. Gift. Ever!  I am confident that 5 years ago when we had Tyler while we were excited to be parents we had no idea that we would love being parents as much as we do.  

2 comments:

  1. As a mom of a Power Ranger loving 5 year old…this is so awesome! Tyler is one lucky boy to have such a talented Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great party! Still don't know how you have time to MAKE t-shirts for the party. You amaze me! Also can't believe Tyler is 5.... can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete